Arabic-L:LING:polite plurals

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri Oct 30 21:43:47 UTC 2009

1) Subject:polite plurals

Date: 30 Oct 2009
From:Ghayda Al Ali <gaa011 at yahoo.com>
Subject:polite plurals

I'm Iraqi from Baghdad, I've been raised to address my grandparents
and elder people by using Plural forms "حضرنكم/تفضلوا", The
plural forms also used in the south as you have mentioned in Najif in
Houza. It is also used some parts of Qatar, Sharja (UAE), Bahrain and
Lebanon. I lived in for a while in these places.
Ghayda

Ghayda Al Ali