Arabic-L:GEN:Plea to 'new book' posters: include ISBN

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Apr 14 21:24:20 UTC 2010

1) Subject:Plea to 'new book' posters: include ISBN

Date: 14 Apr 2010
From:David Wilmsen <david.wilmsen at gmail.com>
Subject:Plea to 'new book' posters: include ISBN

In the latest round of new book announcements on Arabic-L, three new books have been posted with most of the relevant bibliographic information, but in none of the announcements is the ISBN included. The IBSN is crucial.

I do the library ordering for my department, and we need the ISBN for orders.

As it happens, I wish to order all three of the books announced in this round.  It also happens that two of the publishers, Verlag and Harrassowitz, have web sites that are difficult to search.

Two of the titles I found on Amazon (which lists the ISBN), but not the third (Circumstantial Qualifiers).

Authors, ISBN please.

David Wilmsen, PhD, Arabic language and linguistics
Associate Professor of Arabic
Department of Arabic and Near Eastern Languages
American University of Beirut

End of Arabic-L:  14 Apr 2010