Arabic-L:PEDA:CALPER summer workshops

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Apr 14 21:24:12 UTC 2010

1) Subject:CALPER summer workshops

Date: 14 Apr 2010
From:Gabriela Appel CALPER <calper at psu.edu>
Subject:CALPER summer workshops

Dear Colleagues,

campus housing for our summer workshops is open now. All relevant information, including the Penn State campus housing reservation form, has been posted at the workshop site online
We hope that you will be able to participate in our exciting workshop week!

Best regards,
Gabriela Appel
2010 Summer Workshops

July 12 - 14 - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
9:00am - noon
WS1: Language Focused Tasks for Communicative and Content-based Classrooms
Presenter: Teresa Pica, University of Pennsylvania

WS2: Making the Most of a Corpus
Presenter: Mike McCarthy, University of Nottingham and CALPER

WS3: Meeting the Challenges of Teaching Heritage and Domestic Language Learners
Presenter: Karen Johnson, Penn State

1:30pm-4:30pm
WS4: Developing Content-based Thematic Units to Enhance Curricula
Presenter: Heather Hendry, University of Pittsburgh

WS5: Tracking Language Development with Learner Corpora
Presenter: Xiaofei Lu, Penn State

July 15 - 17 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday
9:00am - noon
WS6: Language and Culture
Presenter: Jim Lantolf, Penn State

WS7: Assessment for Learning in the L2 Classroom
Presenter: Matt Poehner, Penn State

WS8: Grammar Meaning a Grammar of Meanings: Teaching Concepts in the Foreign Language Classroom
Presenter: Eduardo Negueruela, University of Miami

1:30pm - 4:30pm
WS9: Discourse Analysis and L2 Teaching
Presenter: Susan Strauss, Penn State

WS10: Using E-Portfolios in Language Teaching
Presenters: Meredith Doran and Glenn Johnson, Penn State

One registration fee for the whole week:
EARLY BIRD extended until June 1, 2010 = $150
Regular after June 1, 2010 = $200

All relevant information is on our workshop site online.

End of Arabic-L:  14 Apr 2010