Arabic-L:LING:LDC Alignment Guidelines

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Apr 20 16:37:26 UTC 2010

1) Subject:LDC Alignment Guidelines

Date: 20 Apr 2010
From:Linguistic Data Consortium <ldc at ldc.upenn.edu>
Subject:LDC Alignment Guidelines

Linguistic Data Consortium has created detailed guidelines for manual word alignment in Chinese-English and Arabic-English, for the DARPA GALE program. Corpora developed under these guidelines will be published in LDC's catalog in the coming months.

http://projects.ldc.upenn.edu/gale/task_specifications/GALE_Arabic_alignment_guidelines_v4.0.pdf

http://projects.ldc.upenn.edu/gale/task_specifications/GALE_Chinese_alignment_guidelines_v4.0.pdf

http://projects.ldc.upenn.edu/gale/task_specifications/GALE_Chinese_WA_Tagging_Guidelines_V1.0.pdf

We will also present two papers on our word alignment efforts at LREC 2010, which should be available in the proceedings and on LDC's website.

Enriching Word Alignment with Linguistic Tags - Xuansong Li, Niyu Ge, Stephen Grimes, Stephanie Strassel and Kazuaki Maeda

Creating Arabic-English Parallel Word-Aligned Treebank Corpora at LDC - Stephen Grimes, Xuansong Li, Ann Bies, Seth Kulick, Xiaoyi Ma and Stephanie Strassel

End of Arabic-L:  20 Apr 2010