Arabic-L:LNG:Association for Machine Translation Conference

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Thu Aug 19 04:58:33 UTC 2010

1) Subject: Association for Machine Translation Conference

Date: 19 Aug 2010
From: Priscilla Rasmussen <rasmusse at ptd.net>
Subject: Association for Machine Translation Conference

AMTA-2010

                     The Ninth Biennial Conference
     of the Association for Machine Translation in the Americas

                Westin Tabor Center, Denver, Colorado
                    October 31 - November 4, 2010

                          CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                   REGISTRATION OPENS August 17, 2010

                    http://amta2010.amtaweb.org/

               MACHINE TRANSLATION IN THE PRODUCTION PIPELINE

AMTA-2010, the Ninth Biennial Conference of the Association for Machine Translation in the Americas will be at the Westin Tabor Center in Denver Colorado, from Sunday, October 31 through Thursday, November 4.  It will immediately follow the 51st Annual Conference of the American Translators Association (ATA), also in Denver, October 27-30. The two conferences have planned several joint events around common interests.  These are designed to help MT researchers' and developers' understand the needs of translators and the translation industry, as well as to help translators understand modern MT technology and the role of advanced translation automation in commercial translation production pipeline.

We have assembled an exciting, diverse, and well-rounded program.  This includes invited keynote talks from six outstanding leaders in translation research, industry, and government.  Day 1 of the main conference features keynote presentations by ATA President Nicholas Hartmann and by Jost Zetzche - translator and widely published author on technology and translation. Day 2 includes keynote talks by SDL CEO Mark Lancaster and by Thomas J. Haines (Senior Language Authority, Unites States Defense Intelligence Agency). Our third day features invited keynotes by Jaap van der Meer (Director of TAUS and TDA), and by Philipp Koehn (University of Edinburgh), lecturer, senior MT project leader, and lead developer of the MOSES Open-Source MT toolkit.

Our research program includes a diverse slate of 15 presentations and 20 posters. The research program also includes a competitive peer-reviewed "Student Research Workshop" designed to showcase and foster next generation MT researchers. The main AMTA-2010 conference also includes exciting program tracks with several dozen presentations about government and commercial uses of MT in practice. And don't miss the Technology Showcase of commercial and research-stage translation technologies.

We scheduled in-depth tutorials and workshops on special topics of interest both before and after the main conference. The five different tutorials cover a range of introductory and advanced topics, such as MT Post-editing and MT Evaluation.  The workshops focus on advanced topics including Collaborative Translation and the integration of MT into commercial translation settings.  For full details, please see the conference website: http://amta2010.amtaweb.org/

We look forward to seeing you in Denver!!

Alon Lavie
AMTA-2010 General Chair
President, Association for Machine Translation in the Americas (AMTA)

End of Arabic-L:  19 Aug 2010