Arabic-L:PEDA:Aleppo CET Director Job

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Aug 25 19:19:12 UTC 2010

1) Subject: Aleppo CET Director Job

Date: 25 Aug 2010
From: reposted from Arabic K-12
Subject: Aleppo CET Director Job

CET Academic Programs is a private study abroad organization. Based in Washington, DC, CET has been designing and administering educational programs abroad since 1982. Known for our innovations in the field of study abroad, we currently offer college-level programs in China, Japan, Vietnam, the Czech Republic, Italy, Spain and Syria. Our programs emphasize high academic standards, innovative approaches to teaching, and careful student management. Staffed by over 40 full-time employees in the US and abroad, CET currently sends more than 1000 American students abroad annually.

Position:
Academic Director in Aleppo, Syria
Intensive Arabic Language & Area Studies
January 2011-January 2013

Description: The Academic Director's principal objective is to apply his/her expertise in the areas of curriculum design, pedagogy, and teaching methodology to CET's newest program: Intensive Arabic Language and Area Studies in Aleppo, Syria. This program will operate during the fall, spring, and summer terms. As the most senior CET staff member in-country, the Academic Director is ultimately responsible for the program as a whole. The Academic Director manages the launch and continuation of CET's Arabic language program. He/she supervises instruction, assists with hiring faculty, conducts teacher training (both formally and informally), and offers office hours for the Arabic faculty and American students. He/she reports to CET's head office, making recommendations for short-term curricular changes and long-term programmatic/structural changes. The Academic Director also counsels students to solve problems related to their classes, expectations, dormitories, or activities.

Complete Details: A complete job description can be found in the General Information/Employment Opportunities pages of CET's website www.cetacademicprograms.com<http://www.cetacademicprograms.com/>)