Arabic-L:LING:Refs on on-line use of Egyptian Arabic

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri Dec 3 00:24:35 UTC 2010

1) Subject: Refs on on-line use of Egyptian Arabic

Date: 02 Dec 2010
From: Afra Al-Mussawir <afraalmussawir at yahoo.com>
Subject: Refs on on-line use of Egyptian Arabic

This article's about Gulf Arabic but may prove helpful to you in providing comparative data:

"A Funky Language for Teenzz to Use": Representing Gulf Arabic in Instant Messaging
by David Palfreyman and Muhamed al Khalil
Zayed University, Dubai
JCMC 9 (1) November 2003

Available online at:
http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol9/issue1/palfreyman.html