Arabic-L:LING:Looking for works on speech act refusals

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Jan 20 19:14:20 UTC 2010

1) Subject:Looking for works on speech act refusals

Date: 20 Jan 2010
From:Elena Canna <elenacanna at hotmail.com>
Subject:Looking for works on speech act refusals

Dear all,

I am a Ph.D. student and I am investigating the way people say no in Arabic Egyptian and in Italian (how they refuse requests, invitations, offers and ideas).

Besides the article of Gayle Nelson (2002), the one of Stevens Paul  (1993) and related bibliography, does anyone know any other work related to this topic?

I am also searching for works and / or definition of the "concepts of face" related to Arabic language-culture.

Thank you a lot in advance for your help,

Sincerly

Elena Canna
Ph.D. student in Linguistics, Siena (elenacanna at hotmail.com)

End of Arabic-L:  20 Jan 2010