Arabic-L:PEDA:Tokyo University Job

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Jul 21 12:28:09 UTC 2010

1) Subject: Tokyo University Job

Date: 21 Jul 2010
From:robert ratcliffe <ratcliffe at tufs.ac.jp>
Subject:Tokyo University Job

Dear Colleagues,

	I wonder if there is anyone on this list who would be interested in
teaching Arabic in Japan for a while?

	We have a post opening up in April of 2011. It is a visiting post
(two years with the possibility of one renewal). The teaching load is
10 to 12 class hours (7-8 class periods) per week plus maybe one hour
of graduate supervision. Yearly salary approximately 3,000,000 to
6,000,000 yen (rough $30K - $60K) depending on qualifications.

	We are looking for a native speaker who can teach FuSHa and a dialect
(it doesn't matter which one), who has at least a masters in a field
related to Arabic language, literature, or linguistics. We would
prefer someone younger, 30-45, who is up to the adventure of Japan and
is flexible enough to work in our curriculum.  Fluency in any language
other than Arabic is not required, but some knowledge of Japanese or
willingness to learn would be good. Experience in more than one Arabic-
speaking country is a plus.

	If you are interested please send me an e-mail with your name and
basic background information and I can give you more details.

Best Wishes

Robert Ratcliffe
Arabic and Linguistics
Tokyo University of Foreign Studies