Arabic-L:LIT&GEN:seeks literary, critical & audio websites

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon Jul 26 12:29:14 UTC 2010

1) Subject: seeks literary, critical & audio websites

Date: 26 Jul 2010
From: paul roochnik <proochnikllc at yahoo.com>
Subject: seeks literary, critical & audio websites

Dear Friends,

Ahlan wa-sahlan.  I trust all is well with you.

My colleagues and I seek your advice on 2 related issues:

1. What are the best websites for short Arabic literary and critical writings?  These could include short stories, essays, social and cultural criticism, and maybe some political and economic analysis.  The main thing is that the writings should be high quality, and the level of difficulty should be at least 3 or 3+ on the ILR scale.

2. And what are the best websites for high-level AUDIO pieces?  No, we are NOT looking for straight news reportage, like BBC-Arabic.  Yes, of course, we can always go to Al-Jazeera and listen to the debates, and yes, some of them are good or even outstanding.  We would like, however, to concentrate on Arabic literary and critical topics.

Thanks very much in advance, and all the best to you always.

Cheers,
Abu Sammy