Arabic-L:PEDA:Arab Academy Study Abroad Programs

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Nov 17 19:56:01 UTC 2010

1) Subject: Arab Academy Study Abroad Programs

Date: 17 Nov 2010
From: Nicole Hansen <nicole at arabacademy.com>
Subject: Arab Academy Study Abroad Programs

Many Arabic-L subscribers know that Arab Academy in Cairo was a pioneer in delivering online Arabic programs since 1997. We have also offered study abroad programs since 2002 and are currently expanding to serve individuals and universities seeking programs that provide students with proficiency in Arabic in the shortest possible time while engaging with Arab culture. We have added new semester, year and summer study abroad programs for individuals, which will include an integrated program of cultural outings accompanied by our Arabic teachers giving students a chance to practice Arabic both inside and outside the classroom. We have set up a new Web site with expanded information about these programs:
http://www.arabicincairo.com/individuals

We also partner with a number of universities and colleges to deliver faculty-led study abroad programs. You can learn more about these programs here:
http://www.arabicincairo.com/universities

Students and institutions choose Arab Academy for intensive Arabic study abroad programs because of our:
Central location in Garden City in downtown Cairo
Small classes conducted entirely in Arabic at all levels
Arabic Language Placement Test to ensure accurate course placement
Integration of language curriculum with practical and cultural experiences
Detailed weekly feedback to students
Different rigorously trained teachers each hour
Our study abroad institutional client list has included:
Duke University
US Air Force Academy
Georgia Tech University
AFS NSLI-Y Program
Manchester University (UK)
Defense Language Institute
Howard Community College

We are also pleased to announce that we can now can offer transferable academic credit through Arab Academy’s Institution of Record, Deraya University. Deraya University is an Egyptian private university established under Presidential Decree 91/2010.

As director of marketing and program development at Arab Academy, I will be attending the upcoming MESA meetings in San Diego and would like to invite list members to stop by our booth (#67) to discuss how we can provide or help you design an amazing study abroad program that will suit your students' needs and ambitions. You can also email me to set up an appointment during the MESA meetings or a phone consultation.

Dr. Nicole Hansen
Director of Marketing and Program Development
Arab Academy (since 1997)
3 Alif Kamil ElShinnawi Street
Garden City 11451, Cairo, Egypt
cell: +20 11 766 1326