Arabic-L:PEDA:Travel Advisories and Study Abroad in the ME

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Wed Apr 6 19:28:08 UTC 2011

1) Subject: Travel Advisories and Study Abroad in the ME

Date: 06 April 2011
From: Uri Horesh <uri.horesh at fandm.edu>
Subject: Travel Advisories and Study Abroad in the ME

Dear Colleagues,

Some officials in my college have recently been questioning the practice of sending students to countries such as Lebanon and Syria, citing State Department travel advisories. I would like to convince them that it is still responsible to send students to places like Beirut and Aleppo.

Can any of you provide some brief supporting evidence that distinguished U.S.-based institutions still allow their students to travel to such countries?

Thanks in advance,
Uri

--
Uri Horesh