Arabic-L:LIT:Colloquium at Georgetown: Tents in the Desert, April 28-29

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon Apr 25 18:08:06 UTC 2011

1) Subject: Colloquium at Georgetown: Tents in the Desert, April 28-29

Date: 25 April 2011
From: Meriem Tikue <mmt43 at georgetown.edu>
Subject: Colloquium at Georgetown: Tents in the Desert, April 28-29

The Department of Arabic & Islamic Studies at Georgetown University has the pleasure to invite you to its inaugural colloquium on modern Arabic literature, to be held on April 28-29, 2011. The colloquium will focus on the literary production of contemporary Libyan author Ibrahim al-Koni.

In addition to the author himself, a number of international scholars and translators will present their expertise during panel presentations as well as public readings of the author's work. All events are free and open to the public; the program can be found on the following website:
http://arabic.georgetown.edu/colloquium/home/

We look forward to welcoming you at our event!
Sincerely,

Elliott Colla

Chair, Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies

Georgetown University

Poulton Hall 200
1437 37th St., NW
Washington, DC 20057