Arabic-L:LIT:Novels in Lebanese dialect?

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Sun Aug 21 19:09:54 UTC 2011

1) Subject: Novels in Lebanese dialect?

Date: 21 Aug 2011
From: Al Haraka <alharaka at gmail.com>
Subject: Novels in Lebanese dialect?

Hello All,

In the past, I found reading novels and other material in Egyptian
dialect had helped me a lot.  I now have a need to rapidly improve my
Lebanese dialect knowledge and speaking.  Does anyone have good
recommendations on novels where there is frequent usage of Lebanese
dialect in dialogues or even totally written in dialect?  I am sure my
expectation shows my level of ignorance, so tell me if such a thing
does not exist in the way I imagine.  I could not find any records of
such novels on the internet.  I do not want to drawn contentious
comparisons, but I am looking for things along the lines of Taxi in
terms of novels.  I searched my archive of list emails, but I did not
exactly find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Al