Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic apps query, and AP Arabic

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon Feb 7 19:22:46 UTC 2011

1) Subject: Arabic apps query, and AP Arabic

Date: 07 Feb 2011
From: mimi mel <mimelko at yahoo.com>
Subject: Arabic apps query, and AP Arabic

Dear All:

My school is entertaining the idea of introducing ipads in the classroom. We already have smartboards, and laptops in our classrooms and all my Arabic class lessons are prepared interactively by using the smartboard and several softwares (Prezi, Moodle, etc..).
In April, I will be attending the following conference:
iCreate. iInnovate. iLearn. Effective Strategies for Integrating the iPad into Your Curriculum:

http://www.nysais.org/page.cfm?id=1161&verbose=1072

At this point my question is , will there be any Arabic educational Apps that can correlate with print-edition books such as Al-Kitaab or other creative and interesting Arabic Apps?

Also, is there any news about having AP Arabic? We the Arabic language teachers in the High school level, are competing with the Chinese language and since Chinese has an AP, although  students would like to learn Arabic, but  since we do not have AP many prefer to  join the Chinese classes.

I have 4 classes of Arabic and hope soon we can have AP !

Thank you,

Mimi Melkonian
Convent of the Sacred Heart, Greenwich, CT