Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic Distance Learning Courses

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Thu Jun 30 17:03:02 UTC 2011

1) Subject: Arabic Distance Learning Course

Date: 30 Jun 2011
From: Gretchen Jones <GIJones at umuc.edu>
Subject: Arabic Distance Learning Course

UMUC (University of Maryland University College) offers beginning Modern Standar Arabic in a fully online format, and we have plans to rapidly expand the program over the next year.  Our courses are taught by qualified and experienced Arabic instructors and have a dedicated language peer/mentor who offers additional synchronous speaking and listening practice.  Numerous audio links and a DVD program insure that students have adequate practice listening as well.   Our courses are taught on an 8 week term, with classes beginning on August 22.  For information on registration, please see http://umuc.edu/admissions/index.shtml.  Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Gretchen I. Jones. Ph.D.
Academic Director, Foreign Languages/Asian Studies
University of Maryland University College
School of Undergraduate Studies
3501 University Boulevard East
Adelphi, MD 20783-2993
240-684-2830