Arabic-L:PEDA:WMU Summer Translation Institute

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Mar 1 00:15:13 UTC 2011

Arabic-L: Mon 28 Feb 2011
Moderator: Dilworth Parkinson <dil at byu.edu>

1) Subject: WMU Summer Translation Institute

Date: 28 Feb 2011
From: WMU-Department of Foreign Languages <WMU_Department_of_Foreign_Langua at mail.vresp.com>
Subject: WMU Summer Translation Institute

Summer Translation Institute at WMU
The Summer Translation Institute (STI), hosted by the Department of Foreign Languages at Western Michigan University, offers a unique opportunity for advanced language learners and professionals to improve their translation skills while working on language proficiency. This four-week summer intensive program in Kalamazoo, Michigan will teach students about the business and practice of translation in:

Arabic
Japanese
Russian
Translators in these languages are in high demand in the marketplace, and WMU is one of only a few institutions that offer this type of training at the undergraduate and graduate level. In order to do translation accurately and efficiently, it is necessary to develop special skills above and beyond the ordinary skills developed in language studies.

The deadline for initial consideration of applications is April 1, 2011, but applications received after that will be considered based on available space. Applications, as well as more information regarding how to apply, housing, fees, Western Michigan University, or Kalamazoo in general, are now available at our website.

We would like to share our excitement about this program. If you have a colleague, classmate, or student who would be interested in the Institute, we would appreciate your assistance in forwarding this email to him/her.

Questions? Please contact Paula Bucknell via email or call (269) 387-4174.

We hope to see you in Kalamazoo this summer!