Arabic-L:PEDA:Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Sun Oct 30 18:03:10 UTC 2011

1) Subject:Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program

Date: 30 Oct 2011
From:Jennifer Kloes <kloes at bard.edu<mailto:kloes at bard.edu>>
Subject:Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program

Dear Colleagues:

May we ask for your help in sharing information on the new Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program with students who may be interested?  Our application deadline for the Fall 2012 semester is April 1, 2012.  We thank you in advance for your assistance.  Please find a brief program description below.

Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program

Abu Dis, Palestine

This distinctive program offers intellectually curious students an unparalleled academic experience:  the chance to study with Palestinian students at a college dedicated to the pursuit of intellectual inquiry, the promotion of critical thinking, and the open exchange of ideas and opinions.  The Al-Quds Bard Honors College for Liberal Arts and Sciences -- located in Abu Dis, a neighborhood divided from East Jerusalem by the separation wall -- is at the vanguard of liberal education Palestine.  As a result, it is a dynamic and intriguing location to spend a semester abroad.

Participants in the Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program will:
        •       Attend academically challenging classes taught in a seminar style, including courses analyzing a range of discourses surrounding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict;
        •       Build meaningful connections with Palestinian students, both inside and outside of the classroom;
        •       Sharpen Arabic language skills, acquiring the vocabulary necessary to navigate daily life;
        •       Undertake an internship, putting into practice theories and ideas from readings and classroom debates; and
        •       Live in Ramallah, a vibrant Palestinian city, and participate in a wide range of cultural activities.
Application Deadline

April 1st

Fall 2012 Semester

For more information on the Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program:  http://www.alqudsbard.org/abroad

Best wishes,

Jennifer Kloes

Director of Recruitment / International Program Manager

Institute for International Liberal Education

Bard College
Tel:  (845) 758-7081

E-mail:  kloes at bard.edu<mailto:kloes at bard.edu>