Arabic-L:PEDA:Internet Sites in support of Al-Kitaab

Thu Aug 16 18:41:45 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Internet Sites in support of Al-Kitaab

Date: 16 Aug 2012
From:"Al-Batal, Mahmoud M" <albatal at austin.utexas.edu>
Subject:Internet Sites in support of Al-Kitaab

Dear colleagues,

Greetings!

We would like to introduce you to three teaching resources that could
be useful for teachers of Arabic in general and those using the Alif
Baa and Al-Kitaab, Part I, 3rd edition textbooks in particular. These
resources are accessible at the following websites free of any charge:

1.    http://press.georgetown.edu/al-kitaab/a/Teacher_Resources/Alif_Baa_3rd_Edition

This site provides detailed schedules, lesson plans, activities, and
sample exams for the 10 units in Alif Baa, 3rd edition. The site is
complete and ready to welcome all teachers.

2.    http://press.georgetown.edu/al-kitaab/a/Teacher_Resources/Al_Kitaab_Part1_3rd_Edition

Provides detailed schedules, lesson plans, activities, and sample
exams for the first 12 lessons in Al-Kitaab, part I, Third Edition.
Please note that this site is still under construction and more lesson
plans are now being uploaded.

3.    http://universityoftexasarabic.com/

Provides day-by-day videos of actual Arabic classes taught at the
University of Texas, Austin using Alif-Baa and Al-Kitaa Part I, 3rd
edition. The videos cover all units of Alif Baa and the first 12
lessons in Al-Kitaab Part I. The videos are divided into two groups:
MaSri and Shaami based on the "flavor" of Arabic introduced in class.
We believe that these videos will be of great value not only to those
teachers using Al-Kitaab series but to all teachers of Arabic as well.

We encourage all colleagues to visit these sites and hope that they
will find them useful. For any questions, please contact Mahmoud
Al-Batal at  albatal at austin@utexas.edu<mailto:albatal at austin@utexas.edu>

          alf salaam,

          Mahmoud Al-Batal