Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic Summer Academy Boston Administrative Director Job

Tue Feb 14 16:22:20 UTC 2012

1) Subject::Arabic Summer Academy Boston Administrative Director Job

Date: 14 Jan 2012
From:Richard Cozzens <director at arabicsummeracademy.org>
Subject::Arabic Summer Academy Boston Administrative Director Job

Administrative Director Position

The Arabic Summer Academy is seeking applications for a full-time
summer position as an Administrative Director. We are particularly
interested in applicants from the Boston area who have experience
working with high school students in an academic setting and have an
employment or academic history that demonstrates project management
experience. We prefer that applicants have a strong interest in Arabic
and the Middle East.  Our program offers first, second, and third year
Arabic to high school students in an intensive non-residential summer
enrichment program.

The responsibilities of the Administrative Director include:
- assisting in securing contracts and requisitions
- management of vendor payments and staff reimbursement
- management of day-to-day operations of the program, including meals
- oversight of budget, including preparation of budget reports
- teacher and student support, including chaperoning field trips
- supervision of two program assistants

Summer position responsibilities last from June 21-July 31 2012,
including teacher workshops, planning meetings and post-program
wrap-up.  Some position responsibilities would start in the spring.

The Arabic Summer Academy is a high school Arabic program established
through Boston Public Schools and funded by STARTALK.

Basis of compensation: $17.36/hour, 8 hours per diem (approx. $5,000)

Applicants should send a letter of application with vita to
director at arabicsummeracademy.org.  Applications will be reviewed on a
rolling basis until the position is filled.

Richard Cozzens, Director
Arabic Summer Academy
http://www.arabicsummeracademy.org

Telephone: (617) 398-7333