Arabic-L:LING:Georgetown Arabic Sociolinguistic Workshop

Thu Feb 16 16:52:43 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Georgetown Arabic Sociolinguistic Workshop

Date: 16 Feb 2012
From:Meriem Tikue <mmt43 at georgetown.edu>
Subject:Georgetown Arabic Sociolinguistic Workshop

Dear Colleagues,
We would like to invite you to our upcoming Arabic Sociolinguistic
Workshop on 24 February, 2012 starting at 9:00am. Seating is limited,
so we encourage you to RSVP via this link
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEdqOWVTOUUwc2xSRGdIdkFHOTVsQVE6MQ>.
This is the first workshop in a series of workshops related directly
to the journal Al-Arabiyya (Reem Bassiouney editor). The journal
currently aims at raising the quality and quantity of research in
Arabic Linguistics. This workshop also aims to initiate a conversation
between General and Arabic Linguists and will provide a forum for an
exchange of ideas, theories and methods between both groups leading to
future collaboration, discussion and scholarship.
Detailed information, including the schedule of talks, can be found on
our website <http://arabic.georgetown.edu/252227.html>, but please
feel free to contact the Department, arabic at georgetown.edu, with any
questions regarding this event.
Best regards,
Dept. Arabic and Islamic Studies, Georgetown University
--
Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies
Georgetown University, 200 Poulton Hall