Arabic-L:PEDA:AALIM Summer Programs

Fri Feb 24 18:42:50 UTC 2012

1) Subject:AALIM Summer Programs

Date: 24 Feb 2012
From:Driss Cherkaoui <aalimorocco at yahoo.com>
Subject:AALIM Summer Programs

AALIM IS NOW ACCEPTING
APPLICATIONS FOR INTENSIVE SUMMER ARABIC PROGRAMS 4-12 WEEKS IN LENGTH,
ALL LEVELS, START DATES MAY 21 AND JUNE 4

AALIM is the Arab American Language Institute in Morocco
-       AALIM is authorized as an educational and
cultural institution by the Moroccan Ministry of Education
-       US offices in Virginia (US phone 757-258-0054)
-       Website: www.aalimorocco.com

AALIM is your best choice for quality Arabic language and
culture, meeting American educational standards, in a
personal, caring learning environment.

AALIM facilitates student contact with Moroccans and
Moroccan culture, making their stay a life-experience rather than a
classroom
experience only.

AALIM is highly qualified faculty
-       Specially trained to work with students studying
Arabic in the American university system
-       Faculty is experienced in teaching all levels

AALIM is experienced
-       we have worked with hundreds of students
-       we have a prestigious list of professional
references and affiliations

-       our Academic and Program Director has 18 years
of experience
-       our executive staff has 10 years of study abroad
program experience
-       we accept individual students in our scheduled
classes
-       we tailor programs for university groups and
faculty-led groups
-       we work with you to meet your educational goals
or those of your students

AALIM is equipped for today’s student
-       free wifi at the AALIM center during opening
hours
-       cable TV for wide variety of Arabic programming
-       plasma TVs in all classrooms, DVD players
-       digital projector, photocopy machine, computer
workstation
-       air conditioning in classrooms
-       good electricity, good lighting, good plumbing
-       friendly and helpful staff

AALIM is at the heart of Moroccan culture
-       centrally located in Meknes, a vibrant and
historic Moroccan city
-       Roman ruins less than one hour away, Fez less
than one hour away, Ifrane one hour away, Rabat 2.5 hours by train, Tangier
4
hours by train. From Meknes, the entire country of Morocco is accessible.
-       the AALIM center is located in the Medina, the
walled medieval city
-       students are surrounded by the events of daily
life: a wedding procession may pass, music in the streets, children carrying
bread to bake at the public oven, the milk vendor with his donkey passes….
-       Storytellers, music makers and other street
artists perform in the public square daily, 10 min. on foot from the center
-       AALIM organizes cultural events at its center: live
music and henna parties; welcome and departure dinners for students; hamman
(public bath) activity, cooking demonstrations and more.
-       AALIM encourages students to choose home-stay;
all AALIM home-stay families are known to us, and have experience hosting
foreign students. For those who do not choose home-stay, AALIM offers
accommodations in a family-run guest house or in a hotel.

AALIM, the Arab American Language Institute