Arabic-L:PEDA:Aktub Typing Tutor

Mon Jun 25 16:32:24 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Aktub Typing Tutor

Date: 25 Jun 2012
From:yaman at AKTUB.COM
Subject:Aktub Typing Tutor

Hello,

I am writing in to invite Arabic language instructors to consider
using the Aktub Typing Tutor with their Arabic courses as a tool to
teach students how to type in Arabic.

The Aktub Typing Tutor helps students get accustomed to using Arabic
on their computers, so that they can more effectively engage with
Arabic content on the Internet. It's particularly useful for beginners
because it will familiarize them with Arabic letters and script, but
it is also helpful to students at more advanced levels.

The typing tutor combines learning how to type with vocabulary
acquisition, and also uses real Arabic texts — including newspaper
articles, biographical sketches, and literary excerpts — for typing
practice. The vocabulary levels cover themes like media, politics,
education, and travel, while the Arabic texts include literary
selections from Ghassan Kanafani, Mahmoud Darwish, and Emile Habiby.

Professors have successfully integrated the typing tutor into their
curriculum in many Arabic programs, including the Critical Language
Scholarship program and at several universities. Instructors can track
their students' progress on the typing tutor through our web
interface. Institutional pricing is available.

Please view a video demonstration of the typing tutor at
https://aktub.com. If you have any questions, please feel free to
reach out to me directly. Demo accounts are available upon request for
language instructors who wish to review the Aktub Typing Tutor.

Sincerely,

Yaman Salahi
Aktub.com