Arabic-L:PEDA:Beloit Summer Program still accepting applications

Tue May 8 22:52:26 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Beloit Summer Program still accepting applications

Date: 08 May 2012
From:cls at beloit.edu
Subject:Beloit Summer Program still accepting applications

I am writing to let you know that we are still accepting applications
to our summer intensive language programs in Arabic, Chinese,
Japanese, and Russian.

Since 1983 the Center for Language Studies (CLS) at Beloit College has
offered students a unique opportunity to achieve a year's worth of
college-level language training in just eight weeks. Excellent
faculty, small class sizes that allow for individual attention, and
twenty-two hours of classroom instruction per week in a beautiful
residential environment, provide an immersive approach to learning
that encourages students to focus exclusively on the target language
and culture.

All applicants who apply for the eight-week program, complete the
required essay, and meet the minimum required grade point average (3.0
on a 4.0 scale) are eligible to apply for a CLS Director's
Scholarship. These scholarships, ranging from $1,000 to $1,500, are
awarded on a competitive basis to qualifying applicants and will be
applied toward the program's cost of tuition.

Detailed information on our programs can be found at
www.beloit.edu/cls. We hope that you will share this information with
students in your academic program who have an interest in advancing
their language proficiency during the summer.

Sincerely,

Thomas P. Kreiser
Director
Center for Language Studies