Arabic-L:LING:Quran Grammar

Tue May 22 14:48:30 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Quran Grammar
2) Subject:Quran Grammar
3) Subject:Quran Grammar
4) Subject:Quran Grammar
5) Subject:Quran Grammar

Date: 22 May 2012
From:mcredi at CLOUD9.NET
Subject:Quran Grammar

Except for one substantial answer given to the question: "Are there
grammatical errors in the Quran?" the rest of the answers can be refered
to as apologetic in nature rather than well-reasoned answers. We are
not in a religious forum to state categorically as one of the answers
did: "Quran does not contain any grammatical errors" or to refer to
"the miraculous nature of the language of the Quran". One of the
answers went as far as requesting "the moderator to withdraw it (the
question)". In a scientific approach anything can be questioned, even
religious texts.

As for the request "Would you provide us with only one example?" Here
is one out of many. In al-Ma'ida (The Table) 5/69 the text reads: إن
الذين آمنوا والذين هادوا والصائبون. Of course, according to the
grammatical rule the text should read: والصائبين. The exact same
wording appears twice with the grammatical rule correctly applied. In
al-Baqara (The Cow) 2/62 and in al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage) 22/17.

We should not, however, underestimate Arab grammarians. They came up
with all kinds of convoluted explanations to justify why والصائبون is
correct.