Arabic-L:PEDA:Teaching Script first

Tue May 29 19:24:18 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Teaching Script first

Date: 29 May 2012
From:raram at UMICH.EDU
Subject:Teaching Script first

I believe in the step by step approach in teaching Arabic. Let's first
focus on mastery of the sounds and writing system in a separate unit
to prepare students read Arabic with good pronunciation and write it
correctly when they start reading texts, learning grammar and doing
written assignments. To avoid boredom, the students start each session
with 10-minute ORAL practice of basic communication needs (greetings,
introductions, identifying classroom objects, counting 1-10, days of
the week etc.,) For those interested in using this approach, I
recommend my book: Arabic Sounds and Letters: A programmed Course. The
book consists of 20 lessons, teacher's and student's Manual and audio
tapes that can be put on CTools.

Please direct all orders (mail, fax, and phone) and customer service
inquiries to:

University of Michigan Press
c/o Perseus Distribution
1094 Flex Dr.
Jackson, TN 38301
Telephone:  800-343-4499, Ext. 154
Fax:  877-364-7062
International Customers Fax: 731-935-7731
Email: jamey.moon at perseusbooks.com<mailto:jamey.moon at perseusbooks.com>
or PUB.NET at 631-760X<mailto:PUB.NET at 631-760X>
Raji Rammuny