Arabic-L:PED:Virginian Association of Teachers of Arabic

Wed Oct 17 13:40:26 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Virginian Association of Teachers of Arabic

Date: 17 Oct 2012
From:Olla Al-Shalchi <oalshalchi at smith.edu>
Subject:Virginian Association of Teachers of Arabic

It is our pleasure to announce the establishment of the Virginia
Association of Teachers of Arabic (VATA), a non-profit, nonpolitical
academic and educational organization. We welcome all Arabic teachers to
join the organization to share your expertise with others as well as learn
from others. Our goals are:
1. To promote quality teaching and learning in Arabic language and culture
at all educational levels,
2. To enhance pedagogical development and career advancement in teaching
Arabic as a foreign language,
3. To maximize professional exchanges and collaboration among Arabic
language educators.
Members do not have to reside in Virginia; the only requirement is that you
have a passion for Arabic teaching. Annual membership fees are only $25.
Please email Olla Al-Shalchi (oalshalchi at smith.edu) to receive the
membership form.