Arabic-L:PEDA:Qatar Foundation Grans for K-12 Teachers and Curriculum Development

Sun Oct 21 12:44:43 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Qatar Foundation Grans for K-12 Teachers and Curriculum Development

Date: 21 Oct 2012
From:Arabic Language and Culture Initiative <alci at qfi.org>
Subject:Qatar Foundation Grans for K-12 Teachers and Curriculum Development

[I can't post the referred to attachments, but the URL's seem to have
all the information--dil]

Dear colleagues,

Qatar Foundation International (QFI) is pleased to announce another
round of education grants for Arabic language educators and
organizations.

Teacher Initiative Grants are awards (up to $3,000) for individual
Arabic teachers in K to 12 public or public charter schools in the
United States to use for classroom materials, field trips, cultural
events, and professional development. Applications are due January 11,
2013.  Please see the announcement on QFI's website here:
http://www.qfi.org/page/174/5/Opportunities

Curriculum Development Grants: are awards (up to $25,000) for
organizations to develop and share materials and curricula for Arabic
language K to 12 classrooms. Developed materials must be linked to the
ACTFL standards for language learning.  Applications are due January
25, 2013. Please see the announcement on QFI's website here:
http://www.qfi.org/page/178/5/Opportunities

You will find the Requests for Proposals attached to this email.  You
will need to submit your applications to our grants portal here:
https://qfi.fluxx.io/user_sessions/new.  Instructions on how to apply
are included in the attached RfPs.  Submissions sent by email will not
be considered.

Please distribute this announcement to your friends and colleagues who
would benefit from this great opportunity. If you have any questions,
please send us an email at alci at qfi.org.

We look forward to hearing from you soon with your proposals!

---
Arabic Language and Culture Initiative
Qatar Foundation International