Arabic-L:PEDA:Moroccan Dialect Text for MSA speaker responses

Sat Sep 15 03:54:44 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Moroccan Dialect Text for MSA speaker response
2) Subject:Moroccan Dialect Text for MSA speaker response
3) Subject:Moroccan Dialect Text for MSA speaker response
4) Subject:Moroccan Dialect Text for MSA speaker response

Date: 15 Sep 2012
From:Jonathan Lange <jonathanlange at yahoo.com>
Subject:Moroccan Dialect Text for MSA speaker response

I had this same problem a few years ago for both Gulf Arabic and then
Tunisian Arabic.  There don't seem to be many resources for learning
dialects geared to those that already know Fusha.  I was directed to, via
Arabic-L, a series by Margaret Nydell called "From MSA to X Dialect" and
there is one for Moroccan, including audio.  They have proved to be a good
resource for me so far.  They are not generally published however and you
have to contact DLS Press (Diplomatic Language Services) in Arlington, VA
for a custom copy (which is not cheap).  I hope this helps.

-Jonathan Lange