Arabic-L:PEDA:Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad

Sat Sep 22 07:09:40 UTC 2012

1) Subject:Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad

Date: 22 Sep 2012
From:Jennifer Kloes <kloes at bard.edu>
Subject:Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad

Dear Colleagues:

May we ask for your help in sharing information on the Al-Quds Bard Study
Abroad Program (www.alqudsbard.org/abroad) with students who may be
interested?  Our application deadline for the Spring 2013 semester is
November 1, 2012.  We thank you in advance for your assistance.  Please find
a brief program description below.

Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program
Abu Dis & Ramallah, West Bank

This distinctive program offers intellectually curious students an
unparalleled academic experience:  the chance to study with Palestinian
students at a college dedicated to the pursuit of intellectual inquiry, the
promotion of critical thinking, and the open exchange of ideas and opinions.
The Al-Quds Bard College for Liberal Arts and Sciences - located in Abu Dis,
a neighborhood divided from East Jerusalem by the separation wall - is at
the vanguard of liberal education Palestine.  As a result, it is a dynamic
and intriguing location to spend a semester abroad.

Participants in the Al-Quds Bard Study Abroad Program will:
* Attend academically challenging classes taught in a seminar style,
including courses analyzing a range of discourses surrounding the
Israeli-Palestinian conflict;
* Build meaningful connections with Palestinian students, both inside and
outside of the classroom;
* Sharpen Arabic language skills, acquiring the vocabulary necessary to
navigate daily life;
* Undertake an internship, putting into practice theories and ideas from
readings and classroom debates; and
* Live in Ramallah, a vibrant Palestinian city, and participate in a wide
range of cultural activities.
Application Deadlines

November 1st    Spring 2013 Deadline
April 1st             Fall 2013 Semester

For more information:  http://www.alqudsbard.org/abroad
<http://www.alqudsbard.org/abroad>

Best wishes,

Jennifer Kloes
Director of Recruitment / International Program Manager
Institute for International Liberal Education
Bard College
Tel:  (845) 758-7081
E-mail:  kloes at bard.edu <mailto:kloes at bard.edu>

Website:  www.alqudsbard.org/abroad <http://www.alqudsbard.org/abroad>