Arabic-L:GEN:Farouk Mustafa

Wed Apr 3 23:02:27 UTC 2013

1) Subject:Farouk Mustafa

Date: 03 Apr 2013
From: "Fred M. Donner" <pdqb at uchicago.edu>
Subject:Farouk Mustafa

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
I write with the very sad news that our beloved friend and colleague Dr.
Farouk Mustafa died early this morning.  He was for almost forty years the
mainstay of our Arabic teaching program at Chicago, and life here will not
be the same without his dedicated teaching and larger-than-life presence.
We offer our condolences to his wife and fellow Lecturer in Arabic, Kay
Heikkinen.

Best wishes
Fred Donner
Director, Center for Middle Eastern Studies
The University of Chicago