Arabic-L:PEDA:CLEAR Summer Professional Development Workshops

Tue Apr 9 16:14:20 UTC 2013

1) Subject:CLEAR Summer Professional Development Workshops

Date: 09 Apr 2013
From:Joy Campbell <joyclear at msu.edu>
Subject:CLEAR Summer Professional Development Workshops

The Center for Language Education and Research (CLEAR), a US Department of
Education Language Resource Center, invites you to take advantage of our
summer professional development workshops in July/August. These workshops
offer hands-on experience and concrete ideas for language teachers.

CLEAR has been offering workshops since 1997, and teachers from all over
the country have come to Michigan State University's campus to attend them.
The workshops offered this year cover a wide range of topics, appropriate
as "refreshers" for experienced teachers or as reinforcement on topics in
language teaching for newer and pre-service teachers.

Summer Workshops for 2013

Visit http://clear.msu.edu/clear/**professionaldev/**summerworkshops.php<http://clear.msu.edu/clear/professionaldev/summerworkshops.php>
learn more about these summer professional development opportunities. You
can apply online!

Writing in the Foreign Language Classroom
July 22-24

Revisiting the Learning and Teaching of Vocabulary
July 25-27

Rich Internet Applications for Language Learning: Introductory Techniques
July 29-31

Assessing Speaking: For Placement Testing, Classroom-based Assessment, and
Proficiency Exams
August 1-3

To learn more about all of our workshops, please visit <
http://clear.msu.edu/clear/**professionaldev/**summerworkshops.php<http://clear.msu.edu/clear/professionaldev/summerworkshops.php>
>http://**clear.msu.edu/clear/**professionaldev/**summerworkshops.php<http://clear.msu.edu/clear/professionaldev/summerworkshops.php>
 .

The early bird deadline is May 17, but applications will be accepted
through June 3.  Please feel free to contact me at the number or email
below if you have any questions!  We hope to see you this summer.

Regards,

Joy Campbell

* * *
Joy Campbell
     Executive Associate Director
     Center for Language Education and Research (CLEAR)

     Associate Director
     Center for Language Teaching Advancement (CeLTA)

Michigan State University
Wells Hall, Suite B-135
619 Red Cedar Road
East Lansing, MI 48824-1027