Arabic-L:LING:Yemeni dialect question words

Mon Apr 15 15:16:41 UTC 2013

1) Subject:Yemeni dialect question words

Date: 15 Apr 2013
From:Einas Yahya Ali Aleryani <einaseryani at gmail.com>
Subject:Yemeni dialect question words

Interesting

quick share:

in north Yemen  we use  Sh  also EX shaaseer (I will go)  note we have to
sh  one  which we start the verb with and its for both male and female.
,and second one which we end the word with and its  when talking to women
only EX: ( Hatha ketabesh)  (This is your book)

EX: Ayno bytesh? (where is your house?)

EX Ayhs esmesh ?(what is your name)  or Mahoh esmesh? (What is your name)
both for females.

  For male  the word ends with (k)

EX hatha ketabk (this is your book)

Ayno bytek? (where is your house?)

Aysh esmak? what is your name?)

I Hope I have added something to your input about the Tunisian dialect,and
gave you some hint of the connection between Most Arab  dialects which
related to the Arab immigration from Spain(Alndlous) to north Africa hidden
to (Alhejaz) Saudi Arabia now . it Some immigrants stalled in North
Africa,some went to Syria,Iraq (Belad Alsham)  others stalled in
Yemen,others went to Saudi Arabia.

Best,
Enas

 Yemeni American culture organization(YACO)
  Einas .Y Aleryani
  Executive Director
  NY-Utica Office
 Phone:(315)790-5171