Arabic-L:PEDA:Test development Jobs for Libyan and Saudi speakers

Mon Apr 29 22:28:01 UTC 2013

1) Subject:Test development Jobs for Libyan and Saudi speakers

Date: 29 Apr 2013
From:Linda Vuolo linda at lidgetgreen.org
Subject:Test development Jobs for Libyan and Saudi speakers

Arabic Target Language Experts needed - Saudi & Libyan

Lidget Green Inc. is a test development company that reviews language
tests. We currently have a contract to review a large number of test items
for the Defense Language Institute (branch of the U.S. Department of
Defense) and we are looking to fill contractor seats on our Arabic-Saudi
team as well as our Arabic-Libyan team. For the Arabic-Saudi team, we are
focused on the following dialects: Najdi, Hijazi, and Gulf.

Language professionals (professors, instructors, linguists, translators,
and/or interpreters) and native speakers who have studied (or are studying)
at US universities are ideal candidates for this work.   Most of our
language contractors work full time in a variety of different professions,
and complete this sporadic contractor work on weekends and evenings.

Qualifications
1) Native Fluency in the target language (born, raised and educated through
secondary school in the country of language origin); college-level
education in the target language is preferred.
2) Excellent English skills; a degree from an English language university
or documented standardized test scores is acceptable.
3) Professional experience in adult-level language education or assessment,
translation and/or interpretation is preferred.
4) Excellent computer skills and the ability to work comfortably in an
online environment.
5) Documented permission to work in the US (and documented University
support if on a faculty or student visa).

The Department of Defense will review all applicants and make the final
determination whether a candidate is approved for the project.

Requirements
Prior to joining the project, reviewers must attend a three-day orientation
workshop at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California from
June 11 through 13, 2013. Reviewers will be paid an honorarium for
attendance, accommodations and a daily meal per diem will be provided, and
documented travel expenses will be reimbursed following the workshop.

Following the DLI orientation workshop, the item review work will be done
online, from one’s home or office, at any time convenient for the reviewer
within the scheduled deadlines. The time commitment is variable but
averages a few hours per week for a few weeks at a time over the course of
a year or so. Ability to work independently online and to meet deadlines is
essential.

Payment
Payment is on a per item basis, and at normal work rates, the hourly
equivalent will be attractive.

Apply Now!
Please send a detailed Resume or CV to hr at lidgetgreen.org. You may also
apply online at www.lidgetgreen.org, click through to “Join our Team” and
reference “Target Language Expert.”
Please feel free to call the Lidget Green office, 559-877-3329, for further
details.