Arabic-L:LING:Gulf Arabic resources responses

Sat Jan 5 19:08:03 UTC 2013

1) Subject:Gulf Arabic resources response
2) Subject:Gulf Arabic resources response
3) Subject:Gulf Arabic resources response

Date: 05 Jan 2013
From:Saqer Almarri <saqer.almarri at gmail.com>
Subject:Gulf Arabic resources response

There's two Arabic-Arabic dictionaries I'm aware of that focus on Gulf
Arabics of the UAE:

1) Faleh Handhal's معجم الألفاظ العامية في دولة الإمارات published by the
UAE Ministry of Media and Culture (the copy I have was printed in 1998).
This dictionary is apparently hard to find.

2) There's also the dictionary produced by الحموز، القيسي، والجابري and
edited by Muhammad Almurr, called معجم آلفاظ لهجة الإمارات وتأصيلها,
published by Zayed Center for Heritage and History in 2008. ISBN: 9948060873

Regards,
Saqer Almarri