Arabic-L:PEDA:Maryland/Virginian/DC Arabic Teachers Council

Tue Mar 5 17:42:39 UTC 2013

1) Subject:Maryland/Virginian/DC Arabic Teachers Council

Date: 05 Mar 2013
From:NCLRC arabick12 at gmail.com
Subject:Maryland/Virginian/DC Arabic Teachers Council

MARYLAND ~ VIRGINIA ~ WASHINGTON, DC
ARABIC TEACHERS' COUNCIL
Hosted, organized, & administered by the NCLRC
Funded by the Qatar Foundation International

Kickoff meetings to be held during
The Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
http://www.nectfl.org/conference
March 7 – 10, 2013 at the Marriott Waterfront Hotel in Baltimore, MD

Saturday, March 9th
12:00 - 2:00 PM
4:00 - 5:30 PM
Room: "Dora's Oasis"

The National Capital Language Resource Center (NCLRC) is pleased to have
been awarded funding from the Qatar Foundation International (QFI) to
galvanize local networks for K-12 teachers of Arabic in the Washington DC,
Maryland, and Virginia region so that they will have the opportunity to
meet, network, share resources and ideas, assist schools that would like to
start new programs, and reach out to their communities to educate them
about Arabic language and culture and advocate for Arabic programs in the
schools. The NCLRC, in this capacity, acts as an initial organizer,
administrator, and facilitator for the development of this regional QFI
Arabic Teachers' Council.

We are grateful to the Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign
Languages (NECTFL) committee for providing the NCLRC with the following
times on Saturday, March 9th for convening regional K-12 teachers of Arabic
to meet-and-greet and begin an ongoing discussion as a group to determine
their interests, needs, networking, and professional development activities:

(1) MD/VA/DC QFI Teachers' Council Meet-and-Greet: 12:00 - 2:00 PM (Dora's
Suite)
(2) Open session for general discussion: 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM (Dora's suite)

If you are a K-12 teacher of Arabic in a public school, Islamic school, or
heritage language program located in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington DC,
I would like to invite you to join this initiative, attend these networking
sessions at NECTFL (if you plan on attending the conference), and kindly
request that you please let your colleagues know about this opportunity to
be a part of this dynamic initiative.

Funding is still available for teachers of Arabic in Maryland, Virginia,
and Washington, DC to attend NECTFL. If you or others are interested,
please contact me using the information below.

We look forward to working with you and bringing together as many local
Arabic teachers as we can for this wonderful opportunity!

Thank you, and all the best,

Anup

​-​-
Anup P. Mahajan
Executive Director
The National Capital Language Resource Center
U.S. Department of Education, Title VI LRC
The George Washington University
2011 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 200
Washington, D.C. 20006
(202) 973-1086 Office