Arabic-L:PEDA:Online Professional Development Workshop: Technology in Teaching Languages

Wed Mar 13 22:07:19 UTC 2013

1) Subject:Online Professional Development Workshop: Technology in Teaching
Languages

Date: 13 Mar 2013
From:Munir Shaikh <munir at classroad.com>
Subject:Online Professional Development Workshop: Technology in Teaching
Languages

*PLEASE FORWARD TO COLLEAGUES WHO MAY BE INTERESTED.*

<http://www.classroad.com/elearning/>

*Online Professional Development Workshop*

*Using Technology to Teach Languages*

*April 13 - May 11, 2013*
*Take advantage of early registration price of $99 before March 25,
2013**(Regular
price: $129)*

This four-week online course features presentations by leaders in education
technology and language teaching. The course is open to teachers of all
languages and will equip you with the knowledge, strategies and hands-on
skills regarding five major areas:

   -

   Understanding technology trends and concepts that are transforming
   education
   -

   Setting up an effective technology environment to support language
   teaching
   -

   Designing the learning environment with relevant pedagogical strategies
   -

   Managing interactive learning using online tools and mobile apps
   -

   Assessing student performance in the target language using technology
   tools

This course will be conducted by CLASSRoad staff members Heather Sweetser,
Chris Forney and Maria Costea. *Course content is provided in English* and
includes 14 online expert video presentations, PDF notes, quizzes, and
discussion forums. Additionally, graded assignments, based on provided
tutorials, are to be completed using your target language.

 Assignments will provide task experience with *tools such as Google Docs,
Twitter, Image Editors, Blogging, Pod-o-matic, Animoto, Wordle, and
PollDaddy*.

<http://www.classroad.com/elearning/>This is an "asynchronous" course,
which means you can *work at your own pace*, logging in at any time and
from anywhere. There are no scheduled online meetings, but you will
interact with the instructors via the discussion forums and assignments.
Average time commitment is one hour a day over the course of four weeks.

*Printable Certificate provided for successful completion of the course.*

*This course was initially offered by CLASSRoad in 2012 with funding from
STARTALK, a nationally recognized program of the National Foreign Language
Center at the University of Maryland.*
*Up to 4 hours of Service Learning Credit ($80/Credit Hour) or College
Transfer Credit ($260/Credit Hour) available through California State
University, San Bernardino. (Credit is an optional cost in addition to the
registration fee, to be paid separately upon completion of the course.)*

*Limited Space. Enroll Now.*

<
http://www.classroad.com/elearning/formsignup.asp?ParentID=299&UserRole=student

*New CLASSRoad
teacher trainee?

*Register/Sign-up<
http://www.classroad.com/elearning/formsignup.asp?ParentID=299&UserRole=student

at
CLASSRoad, and then enroll in the workshopwith the
enrollment code: *04132013*

*Returning CLASSRoad
teacher trainee?*

Just Login and Enroll<
https://www.classroad.com/elearning/EnrollInClass.asp?start=true&enrollmentcode=04132013

in
the workshop
with the enrollment code: *04132013*

*For more information:*

*CLASSRoad.com/elearning* <http://www.classroad.com/elearning/>

Questions??
Please call or email:

(310) 845-6149

instructor at classroad.com <%20instructor at classroad.com>

Follow us on Twitter:
@classroad <https://twitter.com/classroad>

*Testimonials From Previous Participants*

"*I can say this is the best course I have ever taken in educational
technology. It is so straightforward that any teacher with the minimum
technological qualifications can follow, understand, and practice all the
beautiful tools I have learned. I will take it all back to my school and
share it with my colleagues and make a difference in our students’ lives.**"
*  - Al Sadiq, Arabic Instructor

"*Thank you for setting up such a course and thank you to all the
lecturers. I learned a lot about using technology. It was great to know
about most of the websites and how to use them. I think the most efficient
part of this course was assignments. I learned from assignments a lot.**" *
- Emre, Turkish Instructor

"*This workshop was a very meaningful experience for me, both
professionally and personally. I felt connected, engaged, and intrigued
throughout. It was a wonderful combination of transformational learning and
access to specific, highly useful strategies that I will use in my teaching.
**"** *- Shahla, Persian Instructor

"*I learned a lot from the workshop, including all available online
resources, how to incorporate technology into language class, how to use
technological tools to assess students' learning, how to engage students in
a diverse ways. The learning experience was really practical, useful,
intellectual and hands-on. The online lectures with Youtube demonstration
equipped me with solid theory and good practice. Homework feedback and
grades encourages me to continue to do well. Highly Recommended!**"** *-
Yan,
Chinese Instructor