Arabic-L:GEN:Needs Arabic Style Manuals

Fri Mar 22 20:44:50 UTC 2013

1) Subject:Needs Arabic Style Manuals

Date: 22 Mar 2013
From:Hope Fitzgerald <fitzgeraldh at gmail.com>
Subject:Needs Arabic Style Manuals

Hello all,

I am attempting to identify any Arabic style manuals (akin to the English
MLA or Chicago style manuals) or style conventions that are currently in
use for the citation of Arabic sources in Arabic works. What conventions
are currently in use for citing Arabic sources in an "Works Cited" page of
an Arabic-language workr?

On a similar note, how would you identify a "print" resource (that is,
"print" rather than "electronic")? We have been discussing the merits of
using (طباعة)  and (مطبوع) and would love to hear other suggestions.

Thanks very much for any suggestions!

Hope Fitzgerald
fitzgeraldh at gmail.com