Arabic-L:PEDA:Participants needed for Arabic study

Fri Mar 22 20:44:59 UTC 2013

1) Subject:Participants needed for Arabic study

Date: 22 Mar 2013
From:Assma Al Thowaini <ama2670 at gmail.com>
Subject:Participants needed for Arabic study

Dear all,

My name is Assma Al Thowaini. I am a graduate student at the Second
Language Acquisition program at the University of Maryland. Currently, I am
conducting a study to compare how native speakers and non-native Arabic
learners understand Arabic words.

If you decide to take part in this study, you would be sent a link where
you are asked to perform quick and simple decision tasks. The study will
not take longer than 30 minutes and you will be paid $7 upon completion.
You can complete the study remotely anywhere and anytime at your
convenience on a computer running Windows. I am looking for the following
criteria:

   - Advanced level of Arabic (non-native speaker)
   - Arabic experience/education of 4 years and above
   -  Age 18 and older

Your participation will be strictly confidential. I will not share your
identity or anything you provide with anyone.

Are you willing to participate?

If yes, please go to the following link to read and submit the following
form.

http://goo.gl/sHU9g

Once you submit the form, I will direct you to take a cloze test
(fill-in-the-blank task). The test will determine your Arabic level and
whether you are qualified for this study. You will receive immediate
feedback on your current Arabic proficiency level. Once you are qualified
based on your language level and background, I will email you the details
of the study.

If you have any questions or concerns about this study, feel free to
contact me at <ama2670 at gmail.com>

I greatly appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Assma Al Thowaini