Arabic-L:LING:4th Inter. Conf. on Maltese Linguistics

Wed May 1 22:23:31 UTC 2013

1) Subject:4th Inter. Conf. on Maltese Linguistics

Date:01 May 2013
From:reposted from LINGUIST
Subject:4th Inter. Conf. on Maltese Linguistics

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:33:32
From: Benjamin Saade [ghaqda at uni-bremen.de]
Subject: 4th International Conference on Maltese Linguistics

Full Title: 4th International Conference on Maltese Linguistics

Date: 17-Jun-2013 - 19-Jun-2013
Location: Lyon, France
Contact Person: Benjamin Saade
Meeting Email: ghaqda at uni-bremen.de
Web Site: http://www.fb10.uni-bremen.de/lingwistika2013/

Subject Language(s): Maltese (mlt)

Call Deadline: 01-May-2013

Meeting Description:

After 3 successful conferences in Bremen and Malta we are happy to announce
the 4th International Conference on Maltese Linguistics in Lyon on June
17-19, 2013 with the main topic ‘The Contribution of Maltese to General
Linguistics’.

The conference will be jointly organized by Gilbert Puech (Lyon) and GĦILM,
the International Association of Maltese Linguistics (Għaqda
Internazzjonali tal-Lingwistika Maltija).

The invited speakers of the conference will be Martine Vanhove (Villejuif)
and Mauro Tosco (Torino).

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for oral and poster presentations on all topics related
to Maltese linguistics, as well as papers focusing on Maltese in relation
to other languages.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Psycholinguistics
- Historical approaches to Maltese and related languages
- Language contact
- Computational approaches to Maltese and Semitic languages
- Typological perspectives on Maltese and related languages
- Language acquisition in the Maltese context
- Variation and dialectology in the Maltese context
- Lexicography
- Semantics
- Pragmatics
- Morphology
- Syntax
- Phonetics and phonology
- Maltese in the European context

Abstracts for oral presentations should not exceed 300 words. Each
presentation should be no longer than 20 minutes; 10 minutes are given for
questions and/or discussion. The conference language is English.

Abstracts will be reviewed by the Programme Committee:

Thomas Stolz (Bremen)
Ray Fabri (Malta)
Beth Hume (Christchurch)
Martine Vanhove (Villejuif)
Albert Borg (Malta)

Deadline for submission of abstracts: May 1, 2013
Notification of abstract acceptance: May 17, 2013

Please send abstracts to the following address: ghaqda at uni-bremen.de.

You can register for the conference on our website:
http://www.fb10.uni-bremen.de/lingwistika2013.