Arabic-L:LING:noun-noun compounding resources

Wed May 1 22:23:38 UTC 2013

1) Subject:noun-noun compounding resources

Date:01 May 2013
From:"Dpto. Arabe E.O.I. Málaga" <dptoarabe at yahoo.es>
Subject:noun-noun compounding resources

Marhaba Nesrine
In case you don't know it  I recommend the text:
Modern Literary Arabic from Ron Buckley pages 156-176. The Idafa
Construction
best wishes
Aram

Date:01 May 2013
From:Mohssen Esseesy <esseesym at gwu.edu>

Below please find two bibliographical resources on compounds in Arabic:

Emery, Peter G. "Compound Words in Modern Standard Arabic." *Zeitschrift
**für
Arabische Linguistik 19 (1988):32-43.*
*
*
Ali, Abdul Sahib Mehdi. "Compounds." *Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and
Linguistics. *Leiden:* *Brill  vol. I (2006): 451-455.

Best,
Mohssen Esseesy