Arabic-L:PEDA:Job:PT Instructor at Loyola

Thu May 9 16:36:04 UTC 2013

1) Subject:

Date: 09 May 2013
From:Marcus Devin mdevin at luc.edu
Subject:Job:PT Instructor at Loyola

Part time instructor of Arabic

The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at Loyola University
Chicago invites applications for a part-time opening in Arabic to teach one
or two sections of Arabic 101 in Fall 2013.  Responsibilities include
teaching the first semester course with a firm commitment to teaching
Modern Standard Arabic (with integration of some spoken Levantine) at the
undergraduate level, to meeting with students and promoting co-curricular
projects and activities as directed by the program. Candidates should have
the ability and strong interest to work under supervision and also the
capacity to work independently.

Candidates must have native or near-native fluency in Arabic with
(preferably) a Master’s degree in Teaching Arabic as a foreign language or
other language related fields. Non-native candidates with higher
proficiency levels in Arabic and commitment to excellence in teaching are
highly encouraged to apply.

Interested applicants must submit a letter of application, CV, two
recommendation letters and a teaching portfolio (with a statement of
teaching philosophy, evaluations, syllabi and special assignments) by email
to wfeinst at luc.edu or via post to :
Arabic PT Search
Attn: W. Feinstein
Loyola Univ Chicago - Modern Languages & Lit
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Chicago 60660

Review of applications begins in April and will continue until the position
is filled.

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively
encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to
apply.  We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek
excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.