Arabic-L:PEDA&LIT:Needs Modern Arabic Poetry for HS level 1 classes

Thu Nov 7 13:43:58 UTC 2013

1) Subject: Needs Modern Arabic Poetry for HS level 1 classes

Date: 07 Nov 2013
From: Virginia Vassar <vassar.virginia at gmail.com>
Subject: Needs Modern Arabic Poetry for HS level 1 classes

I'm a high school teacher on the lookout for some examples of modern Arabic
poetry (without many obscure references or archaic vocabulary) to use in
level 1 classes. Ideally the language would be simple and the poem would be
relatively short. I am hoping also that there is something kind of fun out
there that plays with words or sounds in some way. Something in ammiya
would be great too. I know there must be the perfect poem for my needs out
there, but I don't know as much as I should about Arabic poetry and my
search so far has not come up with much. Are there any experts or
enthusiasts out there who could point me in the right direction?

Thank you,