Arabic-L:PEDA:Request for Survey Participation

Thu Nov 7 13:43:50 UTC 2013

1) Subject: Request for Survey Participation

Date: 07 Nov 2013
From: Rashid Ahmadi <rashid.tafl at gmail.com>
Subject: Request for Survey Participation

Dear Administrator,

I am an American graduate student studying in Saudi Arabia, and I am in the
final stages of completing my Masters in Teaching Arabic to Speakers of
Other Languages (TASOL). One of my areas of interests is improving Arabic
instruction to Arabic language learners. This is a growing field in
education, and in order for it to progress, quality instruction needs to be
developed and enhanced. Although all of us are concerned about improving
the quality of education for our students, Arabic is a subject that has
often been overlooked and neglected.

My thesis is one of the first to tackle this particular issue, especially
as it relates to American schools.  I believe that it will lay the ground
work for other studies that also aim to improve Arabic instruction. In
partial fulfillment of my degree, I am conducting a survey on the status of
teaching Arabic in American schools. So, I’d greatly appreciate if you
could take out ten minutes (and yes it will only take you ten minutes!) to
take this short survey.

The data collected from my research will be used to further my
understanding of Teaching  Arabic as a Foreign Language in American
schools, and better prepare future TAFL teachers. Please click here if you
would like to participate:

http://alkadhi.com/arabic_survey/index.php/289463/lang-en

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at:
209-810-9144 or rashid.tafl at gmail.com. If you would like a copy of my
completed research, please let me know.

With thanks and kind regards,

Rashid Ahmadi