Arabic-L:PEDA:Study Arabic Portal

Thu Nov 21 08:34:01 UTC 2013

1) Subject: Study Arabic Portal

Date: 21 Nov 2013
From: Shazeb Qadir <shazebq at gmail.com>
Subject: Study Arabic Portal

Hello fellow Arabic aficionados,

I just joined this list and upon browsing the archives felt a great sense
of regret in not having joined it earlier. Anyway, it's amazing to see that
such a wonderful resource exists!

I have been working on a project during the last few months which I think
many of you may be interested in. In a nutshell, it's a community portal
that, in reality, is a response to some problems which I encountered when
studying Arabic abroad (finding roommates, finding private tutors, judging
the quality of an institute, etc). Eventually and hopefully when there is
enough participation from others, I hope it will become a resource where
teachers can find downloadable exercises for their students, students can
find material to supplement their coursework, etc. Please feel free to post
anything useful in the resources section of the site. Also, if you would
like contribute articles on anything related to learning Arabic, please get
in touch with me. Here's the url: http://www.studyarabic.com/

I'm also working on creating learning applications for Arabic students.
Most recently, I created this very simple Arabic typing tutor:
http://www.studyarabic.com/arabic-typing-tutor
As you can tell, it's quite simple but I think it can be a very effective
tool so feel free to share it with your students. Also, you don't have to
download anything as it runs right in your browser. Any feedback is welcome
and appreciated.

Thanks,
Shazeb