Arabic-L:GEN:Contingent Language Faculty outreach

Thu Sep 19 06:30:32 UTC 2013

1) Subject: Contingent Language Faculty outreach

Date: 19 Sep 2013
From: Maggie Nassif <mnnassif at byu.edu>
Subject: Contingent Language Faculty outreach

Dear Friends:
Hope all is well.
We are conducting further research on contingent language faculty and
looking for success stories of institutions that have found ways to improve
the working conditions of such faculty. This is a complicated issue with no
easy one-size-fits-all solution. We are looking for a variety of examples
of win-win arrangements where the leadership of departments and colleges
and tenured faculty have taken it upon themselves to improve the work
conditions of non-tenure track and part-time faculty by providing
alternative career paths, professional development opportunities, and
avenues for them to have a voice.
Would you please help us find examples of such positive initiatives and
thereby contribute to making them less of the exception and more of the
norm. We would appreciate your help by sending an email with the following
information to Maggie Nassif at mnnassif at byu.edu.
Name of your institution:
A brief description of the measures taken to improve conditions for
contingent faculty:
Contact Information for a person to interview (if available):
Kindly send your response by September 22nd.
Thank you,
MNN

Maggie N. Nassif, PhD, MBA
Administrative Director