Arabic-L:PEDA:U of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Arabic to English Translation MA

Mon Apr 7 21:19:25 UTC 2014

1) Subject: U of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Arabic to English Translation MA

Date: 07 Apr 2014
From: Lorena A Terando terando at uwm.edu
Subject: U of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Arabic to English Translation MA

Hello,

Caroline Seymour Jorn recommended your Arabic language listserv as a venue
to spread the word about our MA in Arabic to English translation at
University of WI - Milwaukee.

Many professional translators begin training early in their careers,
focusing their undergraduate work on translation-related skills; most go on
to complete an MA in Translation or a related field before they go on to
the job market. Once they do hit the job market, it doesn’t take long
before they are gainfully employed.

UW-Milwaukee’s Graduate Program offers translation study in Arabic to
English. Students have the option between the 24-credit graduate
certificate in translation and the 30-credit Masters of Arts with a
concentration in Translation. Both can be earned in two academic years. It
is still possible to begin study in academic year 2014-15; if interested,
please see our web site at
http://www4.uwm.edu/letsci/translation/admissions/exam.cfm for information
on admissions processes and our qualifying exam.

The program is entirely online. You can like us on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/uwmtranslation. If you have questions, please
contact me at terando at uwm.edu.

Many thanks for your consideration,

Lorena

---
Lorena Terando
Associate Professor of Translation
Chair, Translation & Interpreting Studies
UW – Milwaukee
Curtin Hall 807
P.O. Box 413; 3243 N. Downer Avenue
Milwaukee, WI  53201