Arabic-L:WANTSJOB:Saeed Alwakeel

Wed Aug 6 21:10:11 UTC 2014

1) Subject: WANTSJOB:Saeed Alwakeel

Date: 06 Aug 2014
From: "Dr. Said Alwakil" <saeed.alwakeel at gmail.com>
Subject: WANTSJOB:Saeed Alwakeel

My name is Saeed Alwakeel. I’m Professor in the Department of Arabic
Language and Literature, Faculty of Arts, Ain Shams University, Cairo,
Egypt. I was born in 28th August 1966. I’m also one of the Egyptian Poets.

After getting an Honours BA in Arabic Language and Literature, School:
Faculty of Arts, Ain Shams University in 1988, I had a course in teaching
Arabic as a foreign language, International Language Institute (ILI), Cairo
1993. In 1995 I had MA in Literary Criticism. Grade: Excellent. Title of
thesis: Ibn Arabi’s Ma’aaridj (ascensions into Heaven) and Tanzulat
(descents from Heaven): A Study of Sufi Literary Texts. School: Faculty of
Arts, Ain Shams University. In 2001 I had PhD in Literary Criticism. Grade:
Excellent. Title of thesis: *The Body in Contemporary Arabic Narrative:
Positionality, Expression, and Concept*. In 2008 I got the post doctoral
degree to be an associate professor in modern criticism and Arabic
literature.

I was working as a full-time teacher of Arabic as a Foreign Language in
Arabic Language Institute (ALI), the American University in Cairo (AUC),
2007-2011. I was also an expert in literary terminology on the literary
terminology committee of the Arabic Language Academy of Cairo, 2003-2007 I’m
experienced in teaching Arabic both to native and foreign learners. I’m able
to accept and use new knowledge and technologies.

I taught Arabic for foreigners in many places: International Admissions
Department, Ministry of Higher Education, International Language institute
(ILI) which is affiliated to International House.

I’m Copy editor at the Egyptian Society for Literary Criticism. Have edited
many of the society’s publications, including *Proceedings of the First
International Conference on Literary Criticism* (Cairo, 1997).

I’m reliable, dedicated, persevering, cooperative, and used to working on
my own initiative. I’m adaptable to change, open-minded and tolerant of
difference. I has an insatiable desire to seek and acquire knowledge, and I
combines modesty and self-respect.

I have puplished many books and collections of poems: *Analysing the
Narrative Text: Ibn Arabi’s Ma’aaridj (ascensions) as an Example*. Egyptian
Book Organisation, 1998. *The Body in Contemporary Arabic Novels: A
Heuristic/Pilot Study*. Critical Writings Series, 2004.  *Selections from
Inscriptions by Neanderthal Man*. 1999. *What Laila said to her infatuated
lover*. Qibaqaa (domes) Publishing House, 2000. *Other Walks in the
Fictional Woods*, Majaz publishing house, Cairo, 2014*.*

I participated in many international conferences in Literary criticism. I’m
member of the Egyptian Society for Literary Criticism and a member of the
International Conference for Literary Criticism organising committee.

I'd like to teach Arabic literature, criticism and Arabic as a foreign
language. I'm looking for work in U.S or Europe or Middle East. Below are
my contact phone number and emails.

Best regards,

Saeed

​​
 Saeed Alwakeel

Professor of Modern Arabic literature and criticism

Faculty of Arts, Ain Shams University

Arabic language Institute (ALI)
The American University in Cairo (AUC)
P.O. Box 74 - New Cairo - 11835 - Egypt