Arabic-L:LING:ElixirFM on GitHub

Mon Aug 18 16:12:37 UTC 2014

1) Subject: ElixirFM on GitHub

Date: 18 Aug 2014
From: "Otakar Smrž" <otakar.smrz at gmail.com>
Subject: ElixirFM on GitHub

ElixirFM

http://github.com/otakar-smrz/elixir-fm

http://otakar-smrz.github.io/elixir-fm

New things

The Haskell library and executable pretty-print the output of the resolve,
inflect, derive, and lookup modes in a column-oriented format for both
clarity and convenient processing. You can cut or grep the information on
the command line as well as unpretty the output into nested data structures
using Python or Perl.

There is support for calling the Haskell executable in its different modes
from within Python as if it were a native function.

The ElixirFM lexicon gets incrementally improved. Most notably, the lexicon
now internally expands its verbal entries into masdars and active and
passive participles. This is done via the derive mode and it increases the
coverage of the resolve, lookup, and inflect modes. Check out our web
service.

Join us

Since ElixirFM is now hosted on GitHub, it becomes yet easier to join the
project and contribute to it. We do need new features, applications,
interfaces, and documentation. Feel free to contact us or clone the project!

With best wishes
Otakar Smrž, Ph.D.
@dzamedzam