Arabic-L:PEDA:U of Maryland Summer Language Institute

Sun Feb 2 17:17:01 UTC 2014

1) Subject: U of Maryland Summer Language Institute

Date: 03 Feb 2014
From: Valerie Anishchenkova <vani at umd.edu>
Subject: U of Maryland Summer Language Institute

Dear Colleagues in Arabic and Persian Studies,

The University of Maryland invites your students to participate in the UMD
Summer Language Institute in Arabic and Persian this Summer 2014. We wanted
to reach out to you directly about this opportunity, as fellow educators
who strive to promote the teaching of critical languages and cultures.

With low flat rate tuition for both in and out-of-state students (just
$6,000 for 9.5 weeks), small class sizes, and dedicated faculty, this is a
great way for your students to get a head start on language learning, to
maintain their language over the summer, or to take courses in a language
or at a level that may not be possible at their home university.

UMD Summer Language Institute highlights:

·                 One full academic year (12 credits) of language learning
in one intensive summer

·                 Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced instruction

·                 Language partners for additional support, one-on-one
speaking practice, and tutoring

·                 Varied and interesting hands-on cultural events and field
trips, making the most of our proximity to Washington, DC

·                 More than 35 hours of in-language coursework, language
partners, and cultural activities per week

·                 Competitive scholarships available to help offset the
cost of attendance

·                 FLAS funding eligible

Additional information about our Arabic and Persian Summer Institutes can
be found at our website:http://sllc.umd.edu/special-programs/summerinstitute.
I also encourage you to watch our short video about what makes our program
unique.

Please contact us with any questions you may have at umdsi at umd.edu, and
thank you for taking the time to learn more about our programs.

Yours sincerely,

Valerie Anishchenkova
Director of Arabic Programs
University of Maryland

UMD Summer Language Institute
School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
University of Maryland
301-405-9266  / umdsi at umd.edu